How to Choose the Best Smokers: A Quick Guide
Thinking about taking your grilling to a whole new level? If you are then you are just in luck, cooking with a smoker for your barbecues and other dishes just got better. With the latest designs and upgrades in many kinds of smokers these days, you can’t help but be amazed. That being said, before you decide to buy the next smoker you see, it is important to take note of a few important things before shopping for a smoker.
This way you can avoid buying the wrong item and regret it in the end. If you are ready to know how to choose the best smokers in the market, this article will be your guide. So get your pen and paper ready and take note of these important factors when buying a smoker.
It is a fact that there are many types of smokers in the market today. In fact, more and more companies are creating the best designs which make shopping even harder for those who are looking for the right kind of smoker. However, as overwhelming shopping sometimes can be, it is important that you take note of these five important things. Sticking to them will help you in buying the best kind of smoker.
- Consider the price – when it comes to buying something, the price is always the first thing you need to consider. The cheapest smoker that you can find range from $50 to even a thousand (or more depending on how good the smoker is). You have the option of going too cheap or too expensive just as long as you have the money but of course, our goal when shopping is to save money. So if you want to buy a smoker, find something that isn’t too cheap or too expensive. Consider something within your budget range but never settle for the cheapest or you will end up buying the wrong one.
- It must have temperature control – find a good smoker that has a temperature controller. Some smokers are designed without a temperature control so if you can find one that suits your budget and has temperature controllers then this is a good find.
- Check for the insulation design of the smoker – some smokers has the tendency to leak out the moisture of the smoke and this result to a dripping smoker. Now you really don’t want that to happen to your smoker so find one that has very good insulation to keep all the smoke in.
- Make sure it is durable – there are smokers that work well the first or second time you used it but will not stay as efficient in the next year or so. Find a smoker that is durable; something that is made from metal or special steel is a good option to buy. Make sure to ask what the materials are made of so you can also spot the difference. Find also a smoker that allows you to look or check the meat you are cooking without opening and letting the smoke out. If you can find one like that then it’s a good deal.
- Check for safety – there are smokers that are not safe to use. For example, some smokers have handles made of wood or metal. Wood can break easily while metal tends to become too hot when the smoker is in use. Try finding something that has spring or coiled handles, they cool faster and last longer compared to wood or metal. Check also for the slide tray and see if they are safe enough to hold wood chips or coal. Make sure that they are deep enough too, this way you don’t overcrowd the wood chips and coal while cooking which can create too much fire when the smoker is in use.
Other important things to remember when choosing the best smokers:
- Make sure that smoker is easy to use.
- It should be something easy to clean after using.
- It should also have a good space to use.
- It should accommodate large amount of meat and must be able to cook them all at the same time.
- It should not be too heavy to move around and must have long power cords that allow you to cook even outside your kitchen.
- Buy a smoker that can last a long time so you don’t waste money.
- Always ask for a warranty on your smokers so in case it breaks or has damage, you can always have it replaced.
Now that you know how to choose the best smokers all you have to do is pick one that you like and check if it has all the elements of a good smoker. Make sure to study the pros and cons before purchasing one too. This way you can say that you have invested in the right appliance. Good luck and enjoy shopping!
Categorised in: Tips & Maintenance