How to Cook a Sweet Potato the Easy Way
Craving for something sweet but want it healthy? Perhaps you love sweet potatoes but don’t know a good recipe to cook it? If you are then this article will help you with that! Sweet potatoes are awesome substitute for rice or bread and if you happen to be craving for this then we will teach you how to cook a sweet potato in the easiest way possible. Now if you are ready, all you need to do is follow these easy steps.
You will need:
- Sweet potatoes
- Butter or sugar
- Baking pan
- A reliable oven
- Take your foil and place a small sheet of in in the center as well as the bottom of your oven. The foil will help catch the syrup from the sweet potatoes. Placing foils in these places will also help you clean easilyy after you are done baking the sweet potatoes. Leave the foils in there without preheating the oven.
- Wash clean the sweet potatoes and pat them dry. With the use of a fork, prick the potatoes and place them on the oven rack. Put the oven rack in the middle of the oven which is above the foil you have placed.
- Turn on the oven at 425 degrees.
- The time of baking will depend on how big or small your sweet potatoes are. For sweet potatoes that are 2 to 3 inches in diameter, bake them for 45 minutes. If the sweet potatoes are bigger, let’s say about 4 inches; bake them for about an hour. An extra-large sweet potato needs to be baked longer than one hour.
- Once the sweet potatoes are baked, turn off the oven but do not open it yet. Let the heat from the oven cook more of the sweet potatoes for another 30 minutes or so.
- Remove the sweet potatoes. Peel of the skin and sprinkle some butter and sugar if you like. Uneaten sweet potatoes can also be placed in a container and into the fridge.
Categorised in: How To Cook