How to Cook Acorn Squash
Do you love eating sweets but don’t want to take a chance on eating junk foods? Do you want to eat something sweet yet healthy at the same time? If you do then you need to cook acorn squash! This wonderful squash is perfect for desserts and is very easy to do. So if you want to know how to cook acorn squash easy, all you need to do is follow these steps. Check it out!
First you need 1 good sized acorn squash; an average size can serve two people. You will also need 1 tablespoon of butter (for each squash), half a tablespoon of brown sugar (for each), pepper and salt. Now if you have all of the ingredients you need, let’s begin cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- With the use of a sharp knife, cut the acorn squash in half. Clean out any stringy bits and remove the seeds.
- In a baking sheet lined with foil, place your acorn squash with the cut side down. Add water and bake them for about 40 minutes until the flesh of the squash becomes soft.
- Once they become soft, remove them from the oven. Turn on your broiler.
- Put the butter in the center of the squash and since you are making this sweet, add brown sugar.
- Sprinkle your squash with salt and pepper if you like and place them inside the broiler for 5 minutes, allowing the butter to melt along with sugar.
- After five minutes is over, you can now serve your sweetened acorn squash.
See, how easy was that? If you want a healthy snack or dessert to serve then this is the best way you can do it. It’s fast, easy, and costs little time to do so. If you are up for an acorn squash then this is the easiest recipe you can follow. Give it a try and see how it goes! Enjoy!
Categorised in: How To Cook