When it comes to cooking smoked food, nothing can do better than electric smokers. They make cooking easy, fast and always on time. They provide the right temperature needed for smoking food, consistent smoke and with the latest technology used in electric smokers these days plus being sold at an affordable price, it’s not surprising why many people are investing their money on machines like it these days.
Now that’s what you call “putting your money on something good”! One of the best things about these smokers is that they provide you easy usage once it has been set. All you have to do is load it with wooden chips and sit back while waiting for your food to be done. Not only can they cook fish and meat but the best electric smokers also cook vegetables!
So this means that vegetarians and vegans alike can also make use of these electric smokers. Plus with the new designs of electric smokers these days, you can conveniently place your own smoker in your kitchen, front/backyard or anywhere that you would like them to be. If you are hesitant to purchase an electric smoker before, today is the right time to buy one and with the help of our electric smoker reviews, you can be rest assured that you can have that electric smoker you have always wanted.
By reading these reviews, you can easily choose which ones are the best for your budget and at the same time save you time from being too overwhelmed about picking the right electric smoker that will work best for you. So without further ado, here are our top five picks on the best electric smokers in the market today.
Top Five Best Electric Smoker And Their Detailed Reviews
- Masterbuilt 20070910 Black Electric Digital Smoker
- Masterbuilt 20070213 Electric Digital Smoker
- Bradley Smokers Original Smoker
- Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker
- Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker
Sometimes shopping can be confusing; not only confusing but also distracting. There are so many products to choose from and so many wonderful things offered out there that you tend to forget what you really wanted to buy in the first place. Don’t worry, it happens and you are not the only person to get lost in their thoughts while shopping for a certain product or appliances.
As much as we would like to buy everything, we have to be practical. That is why as you go shopping for an appliance or item for your home, you need to get straight to the point and pick out what you want. This same approach can also be applied when you are shopping for an electric smoker. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of awesome electric smokers out there but if you are as practical as me, you well get down to the top five best electric smokers immediately.
This way you can see the difference clearly and at the same time choose your best pick. So for you to do this, you need to know which electric smokers are the best in town and you can only know that by reading the top five of the best electric smokers in this review. Let me enlighten you with that in this article.
1. Masterbuilt 20070910 Electric Digital Smoker
A cookout with your friends and family is not complete without food. And when it comes to food, electric smokers can truly help you with that. It is designed to slow-smoke your food and offers a range of options to choose from. If you don’t like using electric smokers, you can also choose ones that make use of propane and charcoal, all built by the same company.
However since we are talking about electric smokers, what better choice do you have than the Masterbuilt 2007091030? When it comes to your money’s value, you can count on this electric smoker. It contains the best features, easy to use, clean and maintain and if you want to know more about this machine then you came to the right article.
The Masterbuilt 20070910 Electric Digital Smoker is basically one of the easiest smokers to use. Not only that, this machine is designed to provide consistent temperature for your food as it slowly but surely cooks it just the way you would like your food to be.
- Masterbuilt designed this smoker to have a 730 square inches of cooking surface. This alone lets you know that you can cook large amounts of food especially if you have a lot of people coming over. Even large-sized meat, fish or chicken can be cooked in this machine easily, thanks to the large space provided by its designers.
- This is also designed to have four chrome-coated racks that you can easily install inside the smoker. The racks are also removable so you can clean them as easy and adjust them according to your liking.
- The Masterbuilt electric smoker is designed with a side loading wood tray. If you wish to add a bit of flavor to your food, use wooden chips through this tray.
- It is designed with various temperature settings which allow you to choose the temperature and how you want your food to be prepared and the best part of it is you only need to push a button. So this means no overcooked or undercooked food for you. It can also shut off automatically, so basically, it’s a very easy appliance to use.
- This electric smoker is designed with a drip pan at the bottom of the smoker which easily catches the drippings as you are cooking. It is also designed to be removable so you can make use of the drippings as gravy and other sauces that you like.
- Another awesome feature of this electric smoker is the water pan and air damper. The water pan used in cooking helps in the flavor of your dish as it can also be used for other liquids like juice, vinegar or whatever it is that you want to use in cooking food. As the liquid evaporates into moisture inside the smoker, the moist sticks to the food you are cooking and gives more flavor to it.
This smoker is cost-effective and has a durable body. It’s also well insulated so you know that smoke or heat is never loss. It is an effective way to cook your food thoroughly plus it is designed with a control panel so it’s easy to use. The space inside is big enough to cook anything and the smoke level can be adjusted. Not only that, it’s also easy to clean and maintain so you can never go wrong about this product.
The only thing you won’t like about this model is that its cords are shorter than expected. So in return you might not really bring this model outside your yard. However, it’s nothing that you cannot do without. You can also use extension cords so you can make use of this appliance especially when you want to have a cookout. Read the full review of this smoker
2. Masterbuilt 20070213 Electric Digital Smoker
For your second best choice of electric smoker, the Master 20070213 30-inch Black Electric Digital Smoker is a good deal. It is very easy to use and just like the previous model; this too, can provide you with consistent temperature especially if you need steady smoking for your dish. It is also packed with great features that could give you wonderful results when it comes to cooking dishes.
- Just like the model 20070910, this electric smoker also has a 730 square inches of space for cooking. It can fit any large dishes that you want especially if you are going to hold a feast during family get-togethers or having friends over.
- It also has chrome coated racks which are removable, allowing you to move them according to your liking and placement. You can also clean these racks or remove them when not needed.
- Controlling an electric smoker has never been better with Masterbuilt 20070213 30. It is designed with a digital panel that allows you to control how you want your food to be done at the temperature you like. It also features an automatic timer that turns the smoker off after you are done using.
- Trays for wood chips are also one of the useful parts of this smoker. This side tray is pretty helpful in adding wood chips that allows you to cook dishes perfectly.
- The water pan designed in this smoker allows you to brew your favorite liquid so you can add extra flavor to the dish that you are cooking. The air damper helps seal in the moisture as you are cooking so you can achieve that extra kick in your meal.
- This electric smoker is also designed with a drip pan that allows you to catch the drippings from chicken, beef, pork or whatever it is that you are cooking. It’s easy to clean and installing it back is also a breeze.
This smoker is one of the most affordable digital smokers in the market today. If you are looking for something that can function well without spending too much, this is the smoker you need. It is designed to be durable, easy to control, clean and use. So all in all, it’s a good deal for your money.
Just like the previous model, the only problem with this smoker is its short cord. Other than that this has proven to work well in any space within your kitchen and yard with the use of an extension. See full review of this smoker here…
3. Bradley Smokers Original Smoker
Another great investment for your money is the Bradley Smokers Original Smoker. This digital smoker is rated with four stars in Amazon.com making it one of the trusted smokers by customers.
Designed to fit not only your kitchen but with physical features that can go well with other appliances. With it’s chic design, you will be surely pleased with how this smoker looks.
- Bradley smokers are designed with stainless steel interior so you know that they are meant to be durable. It is also designed to accommodate any food with it’s spacious design.
- The smoker comes with four racks that can be removed so it is easy to clean and keep your smoker pristine again.
- The smoker has a control panel designed to help you set the right temperature and cooking time so the food you have can be thoroughly cooked just in time. With the control panel, this appliance does not only function as a smoker but also as a slow cooker and roaster.
- It’s also affordable so you can totally get your money’s worth. Sold at over $200, that’s a pretty good deal for something so practical and edgy at the same time.
The Bradley smokers are very easy to use and if it’s something cheap that you want but reasonable to use then this is the smoker for you. It also provides consistent but controlled smoke and can hold at least 8 hours of smoke. The burners are separated so you can make use of them without using the entire oven. It’s also easy to clean so you don’t have to worry about stubborn dirt and grease. The stainless steel is insulated which lets your food cooked through wand the best part is that it has a one year warranty.
One of the many complaints received about this smoker is that the energy consumption is not as good. You might not be able to use this smoker consistently for a week before it breaks down.
Read the full and complete review of the original bradley smoker here…
4. Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker
If you insist on looking for an electric smoker that is portable then the Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker is a really good choice to pick. Rated with four stars on Amazon.com, this awesome smoker is great for those who love some backyard cookouts with family and friends. In this electric smoker reviews, we will know what this smoker is all about.
- One of the best features of this smoker is that it can carry heavy pounds of meat each load. If you love cooking big batches of meat, this smoker can carry about 22 pounds of meat per cooking so it’s really great.
- There are removable shelves and rubber casters which brings you to a good amount of space.
- It is made from stainless steel and is safe for many restaurants to use.
- Designed with a 400-watt heating element and LED indicator lights, it’s easy to determine if your food is ready or not. It is also designed with fiberglass that is insulated which helps in reducing heat loss.
- The handles are added so you can move the smoker easily.
- Unlike other smokers, the power cord for this smoker is measured 12 feet so you can definitely use this electrical smoker everywhere and anywhere.
Not only is this electric smoker designed to meet your needs at home but it is also designed to cater to restaurants. So many restaurant owners will surely love this appliance. Unlike other digital smokers, the Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker is designed with a long power cord so you don’t have to worry about bringing it outside or plugging it. They are made from stainless steel so you know that is durable and it is very easy to use.
While it is a good smoker, some parts may come off easily and that’s the only part you might not like about this product.
5. Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker
Last but not the least is the Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker. This wonderful piece of electric smoker is definitely a good contender. It is designed to help you cook your food on time with ease especially if you are planning to cook a feast for guests or friends. It’s also ideal to have if you want something that can continuously keep your food hot while guests are still eating.
- The Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker is designed with a digital interface which allows you to control how you want your food to be cooked. You can control the rate of smoke used and time with just a push of a button.
- No need to worry about burners as they are designed to be separated from the oven.
- It has an insulated stainless steel interior so that smoke cannot easily escape.
- Another good feature of this machine is the thermostat. This allows you to check on your food’s temperature without delays.
- There are removable racks on the inside of this smoker as well so you can adjust how much space you will be using when cooking.
- This electric smoker can also hold about 8 hours of smoke so you have plenty of time to cook delicious meals in this smoker.
Bradley Digital is one of the trusted brands in the market in terms of electric smoker. This alone tells you that their products are reliable. It also sold at a reasonable price so you know this is a good investment. Not only that, you are given a year of warranty for the entire product so in case you find trouble, you have the company to help you with it.
Customers complain about the parts falling off and since it’s made outside the United States, many people are not too sure about the whole parts of this smoker. Other than that, this smoker works well if handled properly.
Learn more about the Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker here.
How to Choose the Best Electric Smoker
When a new product is introduced to the market, people cannot help but go crazy over it. It’s human nature to be enticed about something new. However, you can always take note of a few important things when it comes to buying the best electric smoker. Keep in mind that buying the right kind of electric smoker is important and since it is an investment, you need to trust only the best. Here are six important tips that you should remember:
- Buy an electric smoker from a trusted brand or company. This means you need to choose one that is produced by a company who already has the reputation of making the best electric smokers. The longer the company in this business is the better.
- Choose the smoker you want to use. Do you want something digital? Or old school? How you want your smoker to be will keep you focused on what you are looking for.
- The smoker should be easy to use. With ever evolving technology, it is easy to be overwhelmed with items designed with digital control panels but even if that’s the case, the smoker you should must be something that is easy to use.
- It should be durable and easy to clean. Since it will be used to cook (especially if you are planning to cook a big meal), the smoker you need to pick is something that is dependable.
- It should have positive reviews from customers. Keep in mind that customer reviews are important as they have the first-hand experience when it comes to using the smoker you want to purchase. The pros must be more than its cons.
- Buy a smoker that is priced at a reasonable amount. You will be investing money so find one that is priced right without compromising it’s performance.
Types of Smokers:
If you think that electric smokers are the only ones available in the market, think again. There are three types of smokers that you can choose from in order to come up with the best tasting dishes. If you want to know which ones will work best for you, here are the three types of smokers you should know about:
1. Cabinet Smoker
This cabinet smoker may look like your vertical smoker at quick glance but it actually is different. These are large smokers and usually have multiple racks which make it different from other types of smokers. They can also accommodate all types of food may it be large or small ones. Not only that, cabinet smokers also have multiple vents compared to vertical smokers allowing the user to make use of the heat even better.
The price for this type of smoker is also higher compared to the standard ones which make it one of the least smokers used. Although they are expensive, you can bet your bottom dollar that it’s worth the buck as they can perform twice than your usual choice.
2. Vertical or Cylinder Smoker
This type of smoker is the most common among all types. They are small, affordable and easy to operate. They only have two bowls inside; ones that you can put charcoal or wood in. So when this is used, the smoke goes directly from the bowl to the top. When the smoke is up, you need to keep the door closed at all times so smoke is kept inside along with the heat.
3. Offset Firebox Smoker
This type of smoker usually makes use of charcoal. It is basically your grill and smoker in one. All you need to do is load it up with charcoal or wood into the firebox and place your meat on the main grilling chamber. The smoke and heat will then cook your food with the use of two adjustable vents.
Choosing the right type of smoker will depend on how often you will be using them. The type of food you typically cook will also determine the type of smoker that will work best for you so best to choose wisely before purchasing one.
How to Maintain the Smoker
So let’s say you have found the kind of smoker you want and already paid cash for it, how do you keep it? Do you have to keep regular maintenance to keep it in good condition? Yes and yes, there are also other ways that you can maintain a smoker. Here’s what you need to do:
- Know how to operate the smoker. Read the manual and make sure to follow the steps on how you should operate it. This way you don’t get the risk of damaging it in the process.
- Plug in the smoker with the right outlet. Use the recommended voltage to avoid short circuits.
- Keep it clean after use. This will prevent rodents, ants and other pests from chewing and destroying your smoker. Cleaning your smoker after usage will also prevent rust from forming.
- Use only the best quality charcoal and wooden chips.
- Cook only according to the amount it can carry. Overloading can also lead to damages.
- Keep it away from children and materials that can create fire.
Electric smokers have proven to be very useful in the kitchen. However, if you are going to purchase this product make sure that you have conducted enough research and at the same time weighed the pros and cons before anything else. Yes, there are expensive electric smokers out there but if you want something that’s worth investing to, then make sure to think about it first.
So do take your time and never rush. There are plenty of smokers out there to choose from but choose only the best in the market, this way you don’t waste money on something that you will regret buying in the end.
Other worthy mentions include: the brinkmann smoker, they have reliable smokers that are affordable, but going for a masterbuilt or bradley will be my first option.
Table Of Contents
- Top Five Best Electric Smoker And Their Detailed Reviews
- 1. Masterbuilt 20070910 Electric Digital Smoker
- 2. Masterbuilt 20070213 Electric Digital Smoker
- 3. Bradley Smokers Original Smoker
- 4. Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker
- 5. Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker
- How to Choose the Best Electric Smoker
- Types of Smokers:
- How to Maintain the Smoker